- Please contact me by email or phone to make an appointment at a location, time and day that is convenient for you, and/or to ask any questions you may have.
- Please fill out the Client Intake Form.
- Submit your Client Intake Form at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- During our initial assessment and treatment session, we will go over your intake form and review your history and health concerns.
- This is an opportunity to discuss your needs and any questions you may have.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing, preferably not jeans.
- The therapy is a gentle, hands-on modality. Learn more about this light touch here.
- A Craniosacral session takes place in a quiet, private setting. You are lying fully clothed on a comfortable massage table with fresh linen.
- As your therapist, I start a session by using a light touch to assess and monitor various parts of your body that are not moving well or are restricted. These restrictions can be found in our musculoskeletal system, organs, fluid systems, nerves and craniosacral system, and can cause imbalances, pain and dysfunction.
- This process allows me to locate bound and immobile fascia that can be the source and cause of our symptoms. Learn more about fascia here.
- Craniosacral and Myofascial Release techniques of support, traction and/or unwinding are applied to these areas, facilitating the release of tensions and allowing the body to return to a more optimal state of functioning and wellbeing.
- The sessions are generally deeply relaxing.
After Your Session
- I recommend that you rest and drink lots of water.
- While some patients experience relief quickly, others may require multiple sessions to fully integrate the changes in their connective tissue and relieve their symptoms. Please talk to me for more details.
- This work can have a profound effect on the body’s habitual connective tissue patterns. This can sometimes create a temporary “disorganization,” which can make symptoms worse until the body integrates these changes. This may last 1-2 days. Please talk to me for more details.